Here’s a little extension of May’s NeoCon preview section. These products are just a few more introductions you’ll find on the show floors this month.
1. ERG International continues with this year’s trend of companies thinking outside of their box. The Roulette chair is a bright and cheerful single piece of molded plastic, available in six different colors. Meant for both indoor and outdoor use, the frame features a high fiberglass content for extra strength and a UV resistant coating for color longevity.
2. Trace from Luxo, designed by Swedish duo Oskar Daniel and Emil Marklund, screams originality. This task light’s output is asymmetric, distributing light evenly at an angle across the working area, which minimizes reflection and allows it to be placed well to the side of the workspace. Available with a USB charging station built into the base and décor rings for the head in three colors. Custom colors available upon request.
3. Go get lost in the mystery that is (los)t Angeles from Bentley. Featuring the latest in pattern tufting technology, two different styles and seven colorways range from urban neutrals to vibrant, saturated hues. The line embodies that juxtaposition of new and old, strange and brilliant, gritty and glamorous that make up the city of L.A.
4. The Topography collection from Mohawk is the result of yet another inspiring collaboration with 13&9 (also designers of last year’s Moving Floors line). Five different styles play with texture and color to offer varying horizons and graphic solutions on the floor. Two styles come in 24 in. by 24 in. carpet tile and three are available in a 48 in. by 24 in. format.
5. Varying back height options for the Blog Collection by Thonet make for versatile environments that can allow for both collaboration and private focus work. Organically shaped seats top off angled legs, resulting in a modern design that pays homage to the mid-century movement. Besides the sofas, the line includes metal frame chairs and stools, benching, and tables with a range of finishes.
6. Be sure to stop by Configura where they’ll demo CET Designer 7.0’s new features, including the Virtual Viewer Extension that allows customers to experience a designed space in virtual reality. “Walk around” a drawing in full-screen mode using gaming controls and Oculus Rift glasses that incorporate Configura technology.
7. Okamura’s Repiroue perching stool is a funky new addition to this company’s repertoire. Known for their sleek, modern, and sophisticated aesthetic, it’s a fun departure that adds to more collaborative, mobile environments. It tilts with the user’s body movement in any direction and can adjust up and down, depending on their needs.