Now more than ever, commercial buildings must attract and retain tenants and impress visitors from the moment they step through the front door.
For the 2020 i+s/MirroFlexTM MAX contest, designers are asked to create a lobby/entry space for a commercial building in a market of their choosing: corporate/office, education, healthcare, hospitality or retail.
The 1,500-square-foot space is housed in an existing building featuring a two-story atrium. The entry/lobby space should welcome tenants and visitors, be able to accommodate a range of users, and retain or add to the building’s overall worth.
Designs must include at least one (1) of ATI’s new MirroFlex MAX patterns. Download the jpg and tiff files here.
Just a few of the featured colors and patterns to choose from. Download all of the items here.
Submission Requirements and Additional Info:
interiors+sources editors will judge submissions and narrow entries down to two finalists based on the following criteria:
- Functional and aesthetic qualities of the entry space
- Thoughtful use of MirroFlex MAX product(s) and finishes
- Originality and feasibility of the space
- Presentation including sketches, renderings and written elements
Contest winner will be determined by the sponsor, ATI Decorative Laminates.
The winning entry will receive a $250 Amazon.com Gift Card and be featured in an ad by ATI.
Entries must be submitted digitally through our FTP site* by 11:59 p.m. CT on Dec. 15, 2020. Please upload the following documents with the entrant’s last name within the title. Each submission must include the following:
- Project entry form
- Project title
- A written description of the design challenge solution, including the reasoning for the amenity type. Should not exceed 1,000 words
- One (1) floor plan blueprint drawn to scale
- Two (2) to four (4) renderings of the completed space
- Additional drawings of the space, mood boards, renderings, etc., as needed to explain the design concept.
- All entries must be submitted in jpg, Word or PDF formats.
*Instructions for uploading to FTP site:
- Log in at: transfer.interiorsandsources.com
- Username: I+S
- Password: Transfer
- Double click on interiors+sources folder
- Double click on MirroFlex_MAX folder
- Click on “New Folder” in the top left-hand corner; label the folder with your first and last name in this format: First Name_Last Name
- Double click on the folder you just created.
- Click on the blue “upload” arrow located next to the new folder button in the top left-hand corner and upload your files.
Requests for Clarification
Any requests for clarification should be sent to Robert Nieminen with “i+s/MirroFlex MAX Contest Clarification” in the subject line.
- Begin accepting submissions: Friday, November 6, 2020
- Submission deadline: Dec. 15, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. CT
- Winner announced: March/April 2021 issue of the magazine
There is no entry fee to participate.
The i+s/MirroFlex MAX Design Contest is open to all professional interior designers and design students enrolled in programs in North America.
Ready to get started?
Download the materials here. When you’re done, refer to the upload instructions above. Good luck!