i+s’ Materials Pavilion will return to NeoCon this year, located on the 7th floor in space #7-1000. The design of the booth was conceptualized by Savanah Colestock, a student at University of Wisconsin-Stout majoring in Interior Design (see Noteworthy, page 15, for the full story). Thanks to product sponsors Roppe, INSTALL, and Arauco, the thoughtfully designed Materials Pavilion will showcase a curated selection of products that are each a must-see for attendees. Read on for a sneak peek at what you’ll see in the i+s space.
1. Above View Inc. introduces the Wave Series, featuring two ceiling tiles paired to generate a dramatic undulating ceiling effect. Each 2-feet x 2-feet plaster and glass fiber ceiling tile is designed for a 15/16-inch grid. The line is made in the USA.
2. MycoBoard products by Ecovative Design are a biofabricated engineered wood made from hemp, flax, and canola fibers. They are grown using mycelium, which is a formaldehyde-free, safe, and healthy material. These selections are to be used in place of particle board in structural and non-structural furniture components, work surfaces, seat backs, architectural panels, and cabinetry.
3. Textural, functional, and aesthetically pleasing, the Prism TFL Taction Oak collection from Arauco features five contemporary colors that rival the look and feel of real wood. Embossed in Register (EIR) technology showcases laminated panels with realistic visuals that coordinate with Prism Accentz neutrals and more than 70 other designs from the collection. Taction Oak balances sleek, tone-on-tone contemporary and timeless transitional design.
4. Aspecta by Metroflor introduces the Aspecta One Ornamental LVT collection. The three overlay motifs—Damask, Masquerade, and Malta—evoking ancient
cultures such as Oriental, Arabic, and Sub-Saharan, and architecture styles like Art Nouveau or Rococo. The overprint styles can be layered randomly or all over for a more dramatic effect.
5. TacTiles from Interface is a glue-free system that creates a stable carpet tile installation. Inspired by the gecko’s ability to seemingly stick to surfaces, the TacTiles system is easy to use, creates less mess, and provides greater installation flexibility. With virtually zero VOCs, TacTiles fulfills sustainability design goals.
6. Promoting flooring excellence, INSTALL certified installers will complete a live flooring installation in the Materials Pavilion with innovative Roppe products at NeoCon. They will work with Envire Rubber Sheet & Tile, which is designed for natural resilience, exceptional wear resistance, and dimensional stability for high-traffic areas; Contours Profiled Wall Based System (pictured), which combines a wood base look with resilient base advantages; and FlashCove Prefabricated Base, a puncture-proof reinforced base for a long lifecycle and easy maintenance.
7. nora systems presents norament arago, a premium rubber floor covering balancing elemental textures with sustainable modern design. The calming effect of
layered, geological forms is offered in a modern range of cool gray shades. norament arago marries the look of marbled strata with sound absorption, slip resistance, ergonomic comfort, and low- maintenance benefits.