Visionary designer Philippe Starck and Forbo’s product development and design team for Flotex Flocked flooring have collaborated to create the Flotex by Starck collection.
Combined, Starck’s rich designs complement the technical benefits of Flotex’s textile floor, which provides the hard-wearing and durable characteristics of a resilient floor, but also offers the warmth and acoustical benefits of a carpet. The result is a product that is eye-catching, slip and stain resistant, waterproof and washable.
Just For You ► Reforest Design Aims to Prevent Deforestation with Furniture Line
Starck’s collection features three unique patterns, created by using a high-definition digital printing technique. By playing on scale and transition, each of these flooring designs challenges tradition and offers countless color and design combinations. That makes Flotex by Starck highly adaptable to many locations and projects. See how this product breaks down below.
- 3 design systems included in the collection: Vortex, Artist and Twilight
- 4 – the number of parts each pattern is divided into
- 500 designs and bespoke capabilities offered in sheet, tile and plank formats
- 100-percent waterproof due to the closed cell cushion backing
- 6.6 – the type of Straight Nylon fibers used to create the flooring
- 70 million densely placed fibers per square meter
- 20 dB impact noise reduction
- 20 – percentage of recycled content used to manufacture the Flotex sheet
- 10 meters – the width of the full pattern, which includes both a centerpiece linked with a designed gradient that can be applied on both sides fading onwards.
[Beyond Flotex: More Design News | Workers Want Sustainability and Wellness]