The development of Earthenglass began in 2008 when Kim Hauner, president of Interstyle, was looking to reinvent the glass tile industry with a fresh, sustainable product. What he came up with was a completely new kind of glass tile that captured the rising value of sustainability.
Earthenglass is crafted and textured by hand and comes in a range of natural colors that are also derived from recycled materials. Interstyle can create varied shapes, textures, and finishes for Earthenglass, such as anti-slip grading.
Read on to see how it all breaks down.
- 9 years in the making, from conception to market
- 100 percent recycled glass and regionally sourced clay
- 25 percent reduction in energy input requirements in creating Earthenglass
- 40 years Interstyle has been creating both clay and glass tiles
- 3 texture patterns that can be mixed and matched
- 10mm thick tiles that can be installed in both interiors and exteriors
- 6 standard hand-applied glaze hues
- 4 “raw,” unglazed hues