WIELAND’s accord recliner is the result of extensive research and design to employ a list of proprietary, patent pending features deemed essential by those directly associated with patient care and recovery. On-site observation and interviews with numerous patients, clinical caregivers, and architects and designers point to improving patient comfort in conjunction with enhanced versatility, operation and durability. To that end, accord offers greater health and safety for nurses and patients alike with:
- intelliTrac™ intuitively senses to track straight down a corridor or laterally in tight spaces. The focus is shifted from the chair to the patient. Multiple patents pending.
- safeBrake provides a tightly-engineered stop delivering exceptional stability. Multiple patents pending.
- smartSteer enables single-handed steering with the pushbar, so busy nurses effortlessly stay on course. Multiple patents pending.
- controlCove centrally locates multiple functions in one area. Recessed push pedals prevent damage.
- comfortCore’s molded, multi-height reverse coring provides a dynamic ride, so patients “sit in and not through” the cushion. Patients remain relaxed over longer periods of time.
It was recently honored with NeoCon Gold and BUILDINGS magazine's Product Innovations Grand Prize.