The American Institute of Architects have distinguished 14 recipients for this year’s Young Architects Award, which recognizes professionals who have shown exceptional leadership in their profession, and made significant contributions to the industry. To qualify, candidates must have been licensed for 10 years or fewer, regardless of age.
Their accomplishments reach across several efforts and disciplines, including advocacy, research, mentoring, healthcare improvement, budget reduction, and community outreach. For more about their achievements, visit http://www.aia.org/practicing/awards/index.htm.
The 2015 winners include:
- Jose Alvarez – Eskew+Dumez+Ripple
- Zachary R. Benedict – MKM Architecture + Design
- Hafsa Burt – HB+A Architects
- Justin Crane – Cambridge Seven Associates
- Sarah W. Dirsa – HOK
- Andrew Dunlap – SmithGroupJJR
- James Henry – HDR
- Chris Hong – Group 70 International, Inc.
- James A. Meyer – WER Architects
- Ann Sobiech Munson – Substance Architecture
- Adrianne Steichen – PYATOK
- Rebecca Talbert – Dewberry Architects
- Derek C. Webb – m ARCHITECTS
- Elizabeth Whittaker – merge architects