December 03, 2008
Do something brilliant.
With funds from the Public Arts Fund, the designer and developer wanted to create a "color test pattern" on the exterior of a new hotel. ELS realized the design team’s vision by producing a state-of-the-art system that was programmable, cost-effective and "green." The end result is nothing less than brilliant.
For more information on how ELS can help you implement brilliant lighting designs, call John Mitchell in Project Sales at 1.800.ELS.LIGHTS (1.800.357.5444), or visit http://www.elslights.com/sales
Pioneering Science Center Breaks Ground
A state-of-the-art facility on the University of Rochester campus will bring together clinicians and researchers in an effort to accelerate the process of turning medical breakthroughs into practical treatments—and the architectural approach of the center will echo and enable that interactive model.
Media artistry and photovoltaics come together at the GreenPix Zero Energy Media Wall in Beijing.
Ready or Not
Architecture firm RMJM recently asked design leaders, students, and faculty whether U.S design schools are adequately preparing graduates to practice sustainable design. The answer isn’t pretty.
If your corporation or Internet provider filters incoming e-mail, please add Architechmag.com to your list of approved senders to make sure you receive the e-mail alerts and newsletters to which you subscribe.
If you use AOL 9.0 for email, be sure to click in the upper right hand corner on "Show images & enable links" to see the entire newsletter.
• November 26, 2008 Greening the Vatican
• November 19, 2008 Library Unveils New Donor Wall
• November 12, 2008 New Engineering School Maximizes Flexibility
• November 05, 2008 New Credit Union to Offer Sustainable Strategies
• October 29, 2008 Madison Avenue Building Gets New Look
• October 22, 2008 New LA Hotel Features Latest Tech in Intimate Boutique Design
• October 15, 2008 Future Iconic Features of CA’s Great Park Revealed
• October 08, 2008 Historic Federal Building Wins LEED-CI
And don't forget to check-out ARCHI-TECH TV
(Return to Top)
Subscribe to any of the ARCHI-TECH Group newsletters
This newsletter is produced by Architechmag.com.
THIS DOCUMENT AND OTHER DOCUMENTS PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS PROGRAM ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. The information type should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of Stamats Communications and Stamats Communications cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented after the date of publication. INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. Buildings.com newsletter e-mail may be copied and distributed subject to the following conditions:
1. All text must be copied without modification and all pages must be included.
2. All copies must contain Stamats Communications copyright notice and any other notices provided therein.
3. This document may not be distributed for profit.
Stamats Business Media
615 5th Street S.E., PO Box 1888
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52406-1888