November 26, 2008
The new OWB-X Outdoor Wall Boxes are the only wall boxes on the market designed for specifically AV, IT and Control. Locking doors in brushed aluminum are standard with other color and style options available upon request. These stylish covers have "flip up" cable entry doors so that the main cover door can be locked once the cables are connected. Two box styles are available that will allow for either flush "in wall" or surface "on wall" mounting.
The enclosures are constructed in NEMA-4 style and with the integral door will meet the NEMA-3 and 3R ratings providing protection against falling dirt, rain, sleet and snow.
Visit www.fsrinc.com for more information.
Greening the Vatican
A new solar power system using photovoltaic panels will provide energy for the hall in which the Pope holds a weekly general audience, as well as for surrounding buildings—enabling the city-state to cut its carbon dioxide emissions by some 225,000 kilograms per year
Dichroic Glazing Comes of Age
Dublin's No. 1 Grand Canal Square comes to life with large-scale dichroic glass and an innovative, contemporary design.
Architecture Books Don't Have to Be Big to Be Bold
The fall publishing season has brought with it a number of books that might make you look at the architectural discipline in new and startling ways—and not all of them are humongous coffee table tomes
If your corporation or Internet provider filters incoming e-mail, please add Architechmag.com to your list of approved senders to make sure you receive the e-mail alerts and newsletters to which you subscribe.
If you use AOL 9.0 for email, be sure to click in the upper right hand corner on "Show images & enable links" to see the entire newsletter.
• November 19, 2008 Library Unveils New Donor Wall
• November 12, 2008 New Engineering School Maximizes Flexibility
• November 05, 2008 New Credit Union to Offer Sustainable Strategies
• October 29, 2008 Madison Avenue Building Gets New Look
• October 22, 2008 New LA Hotel Features Latest Tech in Intimate Boutique Design
• October 15, 2008 Future Iconic Features of CA’s Great Park Revealed
• October 08, 2008 Historic Federal Building Wins LEED-CI
• October 01, 2008 Center Performs and Records
And don't forget to check-out ARCHI-TECH TV
(Return to Top)
Subscribe to any of the ARCHI-TECH Group newsletters
This newsletter is produced by Architechmag.com.
THIS DOCUMENT AND OTHER DOCUMENTS PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS PROGRAM ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. The information type should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of Stamats Communications and Stamats Communications cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented after the date of publication. INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. Buildings.com newsletter e-mail may be copied and distributed subject to the following conditions:
1. All text must be copied without modification and all pages must be included.
2. All copies must contain Stamats Communications copyright notice and any other notices provided therein.
3. This document may not be distributed for profit.
Stamats Business Media
615 5th Street S.E., PO Box 1888
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52406-1888