CLEVELAND—Design professionals will find a world of color at their fingertips with the new Sherwin-Williams ColorSnap Studio iPad app. ColorSnap Studio blends the best of Sherwin-Williams color inspiration tools—the ColorSnap® smartphone app, the online Color Visualizer, plus the Explore Color functionality—into one iPad app offering all the ease-of-use of a tablet including high definition, as well as pinch, zoom and swipe features.
“We are seeing the iPad used more for client consultations, so designers and architects are seeking apps that can help make their jobs easier. ColorSnap Studio brings our popular color tools together making it easier than ever to bring designs to life, anytime and anyplace,” says Jackie Jordon, director of color marketing for Sherwin-Williams.
ColorSnap Studio users can access the same functionalities as the ColorSnap smartphone app, which makes it easy to find the closest-matching paint colors to those captured within an image and to fine tune-colors using the lightness, saturation and hue features. But now, they can also use the Color Visualizer tool, which was previously only available for desktop use, to experiment with thousands of color combinations. Applying color and trying different colors is easier than ever with no edge-masking required. Touch the color and simply use a finger to “finger-paint” it onto the image. It is a quick and easy way to show clients different options using the iPad app.
READ: Design guru Stacy Garcia forecasts the coming color trends for the fall of 2012.
Taking advantage of iPad technology, ColorSnap Studio offers more benefits for professionals:
- Paint a scene. Use one of the preloaded room scenes and easily try different colors on the walls from the Sherwin-Williams palette. Design professionals can also upload their own photos and either use point-to-point masking to define areas they want to paint or easily paint the surface with a finger without having to mask the image.
- Match colors in any photo. Match paint colors to existing photos in the user’s iPad library, on Flickr® or Facebook® or snap their own photos with their tablet.
- Share images. Integrate iPad contacts to share images with anyone at any time, without having to load in a list.
- Calculate paint needs. Calculate how much paint to purchase by measuring the height and width of a room’s walls and factoring in the number of windows and doors.
- Locate a Sherwin-Williams store. The iPad determines the user’s current location to find stores nearby, or allows for a search by ZIP code.
“We’re now in an era of open branding where design companies can use digital technology to accelerate business growth and engage clients in the color selection process,” says Amy Hamm, director of client services, Resource. “We created this new iPad application, in partnership with Sherwin-Williams, to take full advantage of the technology and shareability that tablets provide while simultaneously creating an interactive experience with the Sherwin-Williams brand.”
ColorSnap Studio users have access to Explore Color functionality, enabling them to find colors for their projects, whether they wish to search the Sherwin-Williams palette by color family, color name, color number or color collection. They can browse, adjust, save and even share favorites from the iPad.
ColorSnap Studio may be downloaded from the iTunes store using an iPad.