Standout architecture is about creating exceptional space, whether the project is large or small. The American Institute of Architects Chicago (AIA Chicago), which counts 3,000-plus architect members working in Chicagoland, will unveil the 2014 Small Projects Awards winners on Friday, May 9 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Architectural Artifacts, 4325 N. Ravenswood Avenue, Chicago.
Small Projects Awards raises public awareness of the valuable work architects bring to even the smallest works, according to AIA Chicago. The program also promotes small and emerging architectural firms as a resource for design excellence. The winners range from minimalist dwellings and art installations to weekend retreats and restaurant spaces. A reception and exhibition of projects will follow the awards ceremony.
This year’s jury includes:
- Chris Cooper, AIA—Cooper Joseph Studio, New York, NY
- Carolyn Armenta Davis, Hon. AIA—architectural historian and writer, Chicago
- Chris Force—editor/publisher of Design Bureau and Green Building + Design, Chicago
- Mark Peters, AIA—Studio Dwell, Chicago
- Vladimir Radunty, AIA—SIDE Architecture, Chicago