Originally published in Interiors & Sources

11/22/2013

Curb Energy Waste During the Holidays with LEDs

 
Waste comparison betweeb LEDs and incandescents.

Days are getting shorter, the weather outside is getting cooler, and the holiday season is right around the corner. It is during this time of year that tenants are cranking up the heat and using more lighting, which ultimately leads to higher energy bills.

These reasons highlight the importance of switching over to LEDs, says home improvement network Porch.com.

"Only around 10% of the energy in old style incandescent light bulbs goes towards lighting, with the remaining 90% of energy spent on producing heat," says Larry Lauck of the American Lighting Association.

If you aren't ready to invest in a full LED upgrade, Lauck advises upgrading lights that are on the longest. But with LED revenues rising, prices are expected to plunge, making it a prime time for a replacement project.

To further illustrate the heat waste that incandescent light bulbs produce, Porch.com created a comparative infographic.


View Larger

 

 
Noteworthy Design News
10/31/2014
10/30/2014
10/30/2014
10/30/2014
10/29/2014
comments powered by Disqus
©Copyright 2014 Stamats Communications, Inc. All rights reserved. / Interiors & Sources