Cushman’s new 1600XD utility vehicle provides all around versatility and customization in light-transportation vehicles. Whether it’s used for commercial or industrial applications, the 1600XD utility vehicle handles the heaviest materials with ease. The 1600XD’s performance is backed by Cushman’s reputation as a recognized leader in light-transportation vehicles.
The 1600XD utility vehicle combines four-wheel-drive capability with a powerful 22 hp, 1,007cc three-cylinder OHV diesel engine to handle heavy-duty tasks. Its performance is further enhanced by an automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) with low- and high-gear ratios, a user-selectable locking rear differential which can be engaged in both 2WD and 4WD operation, four-wheel independent suspension, and exceptional hauling and towing capacity, with a maximum vehicle load of 1,600 pounds.
The Cushman 1600XD’s many features include:
- 22 hp, 1,007cc diesel engine: The three-cylinder OHV, liquid-cooled diesel engine generates exceptional torque to provide ample hauling and towing power for nearly any task.
- Automatic transmission with selectable gear ratios: The 1600XD’s automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) can be placed in high gear for higher maximum speed, or low gear for greater torque and pulling power. Top speed is 25 mph in high gear, and 10.5 mph in low gear.
- User-selectable 4WD: The 1600XD’s four-wheel-drive capability can be engaged quickly and easily using a simple lever on the vehicle’s dashboard.
- User-selectable locking rear differential: The 1600XD’s rear differential can be locked in both 2WD and 4WD operation, using a lever on the vehicle’s dash. In addition to the locking rear differential, a limited-slip device on the front axle further enhances traction on difficult terrain.
- Large payload and towing capacity: The 1600XD has a total load capacity of 1,600 pounds, and its 14.2-cubic-foot steel cargo bed can hold a maximum of 1,100 pounds. The vehicle also can tow up to 1,300 pounds from its rear receiver hitch.
- Four-wheel independent suspension: The 1600XD features MacPherson struts on its front wheels and a double A-arm “wishbone” suspension on its rear axle to provide sure traction and a comfortable ride.
- Durable construction: The 1600XD is built on a welded-steel frame with advanced powder-coat protection to withstand the rigors of everyday tasks without damage or rust. Additional features such as a front brush guard, mud flaps, and automotive-quality front cowl keep the 1600XD looking sharp, even after a hard day’s (or year’s) worth of work.
- Essential safety features: A tubular steel, rollover protection system (ROPS) and three-point seat belts protect operator and passengers. Headlights with high-beam functionality allow for maximum visibility in low-light situations.
- Ergonomic cockpit design: A carefully designed cockpit keeps all vehicle controls within easy reach. The 1600XD’s dashboard provides the operator a wealth of information at a glance, with a speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, an engine-temperature gauge, and numerous information and caution lights.
- Unexpected conveniences: A standard roof and windshield protect the 1600XD’s operator and passengers from the elements. A 12-volt accessory outlet in the dashboard allows for on-the-go charging of mobile phones and other electronic devices. A glove box allows valuables to be secured, and cup holders and other storage pockets are within easy reach, making a day’s work in the 1600XD to be as enjoyable as it is productive.
- Optional hydraulic power source: To further enhance its capability and versatility, the 1600XD can be equipped with an optional hydraulic power source. The system can circulate up to 6.5 gallons of fluid per minute to drive implements such as plows, augers and post-drivers. Quick-connect fittings allow implements to be quickly attached and detached from the hydraulic system without tools. The system also allows the vehicle’s cargo bed to be dumped under hydraulic power.
To better customize the 1600XD’s performance to the specific needs of any operation, the vehicle can be outfitted with a wide variety of accessories, including fog lamps, skid plates, a heater/defroster, a hand throttle kit, bed extensions, turn signals, brake lights and horn, among others. With dozens of customizable options, the 1600XD utility vehicle provides unmatched versatility and ease in completing multiple jobs.
For more information on the Cushman 1600XD, visit www.cushman.com/1600XD.