Success of app leads to major industry event follow-up tours
In November of 2013, Green Badger LLC introduced to the Greenbuild community the first version of a mobile software that makes documenting and organizing multiple LEED projects maintainable for any size firm. In late March 2014, the Green Badger LEED Documentation app released a major update that features the ability to create real time indoor air quality management reports.
Now, the Green Badger app can manage not only construction waste, sustainable materials, low-emitting materials, and erosion control, but also help project teams verify that SMACNA practices were implemented during construction.
The success of the app has prompted several follow-up tours of major industry events throughout the remainder of the 2014 year. This will be an opportunity for architects, designers, contractors and others affiliated with the building and construction industry, to discuss details and use of the Green Badger App and how to successfully apply it to your future LEED projects.
- May will bring about the much anticipated, enhanced official website launch for Green Badger L.L.C. The site will enhance the Green Badger App experience by giving users access to further information regarding sustainable design, updated LEED standards, and links to other green affiliates.
- May 21-23, CEO Tommy Linstroth will be in Portland, Ore. at the Living Futures Conference to promote sustainable design strategies through use of the Green Badger App.
- June 12-13, The AGC Contractors Environmental Conference in Arlington, Va., with its focus on environmental and sustainability issues, will offer an opportunity for those working directly on LEED projects to see the software firsthand.
- June 26–28, the AIA National Convention will be held in Chicago creating a great opportunity for American architects to personally test the app and speak with Linstroth directly about the benefits of incorporating this into your team’s design and building processes.
- In October, Green Badger will be attending the USGBC GreenBuild Conference in New Orleans.
Capable of instantly verifying LEED compatible materials, this app is directed towards general contractors and LEED professionals who are looking for an easy solution to document LEED credits for future certification. With a price tag of only $189, a few hours of time saved rummaging through material receipts and double-checking with accreditation standards, this product easily pays for itself within the first project.
“This year’s major industry events will be a great way for those who are interested to come out and directly ask me questions regarding the Green Badger App,” said Linstroth. “After completing over 60 LEED projects, I understand the complexities and confusions that are associated with the LEED process.”
The Green Badger app is supported by iOS and Android devices. It is available for download and installation through iTunes and the Android Market making it accessible to professionals who see the advantages in utilizing technology to help organize and facilitate processes throughout the construction and design industry.