The International design competition Time to Design—new talent award is now open for applications for this year’s award. The award is aimed at young up-and-coming design talents that need a platform to kick-start their career. It is the seventh time that the award will be given out, and this year, the deadline for applications is June 5, 2014 at 12 a.m. Central European Time.
The purpose of the prize is to create a platform that can help a young designer move forward in their professional career. Each of the partners behind the award contributes with different aspects, including:
- Members of the Danish Design Association is providing professional career coaching
- Normann Copenhagen hosting a two week exhibition at their Copenhagen-based Flagship Store
- The Danish Art Workshops gives access to a three month residency and accommodation
- The Danish Association of Wood and Furniture Industries is sponsoring 6700 EUR for materials
- The Stockholm Furniture Fair 2015 has sponsored an exhibitor stand for the winner.
With spacious surrounding and professionally equipped specialized machines, a stay at the Danish Art Workshops is the perfect opportunity to try out, explore, design, and refine ones project. Through the daily life at the Danish Art Workshops the winner will get access to a large network of designers within different fields of craftsmanship.
The winner gets the chance to build a valuable network of press, customers, and manufacturers within the design industry with the help from the award’s partners. The winner will be announced at an award ceremony at the end of August.